About The Pacific Grove Art Center
The purpose of the Pacific Grove Art Center is to cultivate the arts within the Monterey area by providing creative experiences that
inspire and engage us, touch our hearts, challenge our minds and enrich our lives.
• A variety of art forms: Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Encaustic, Fabric Arts, Mixed Media and more
• Exhibits change every other month celebrated with a First Friday Gala Opening
• Seventeen Professional Artist Studios
• Art and Movement classes for adults
• After School, Weekend and Summer art classes for kids 8 - 17
• Creative opportunities for teensMusic and cultural events throughout the year
We are the home of the Peninsula Ballet CenterSince 1969, Pacific Grove Art Center has been a community based nonprofit seeking to
enhance art appreciation and encourage the creation of art. With the desire to have art available to everyone, PGAC has held low cost
classes, free exhibits, and offered reduced rent for artist’s studios for over 40 years. Emerging to established artists are professionally
shown in our historic galleries, and large group shows can provide the first step into the art world for many. Through generous
donations, grants, and hundreds of volunteered hours, the Art Center continues its mission today.
Become a member and receive our newsletter keeping you in the loop of all the community events, exhibit openings and cultural
offerings we have to share.
Our beautiful historic galleries are available to rent for your special occasion.
Board of Directors:
Adrianne M. Jonson, President/Chair
Jude Saleet, Board 1st Vice President
Paula Brandon, Board Secretary
Amanda Menefee, Board Treasurer
Misha Pavlov, Board Member
Karen Owen, Board Member
Kirsten Raven, Board Member
George Menasco, Honorary Board Member