About The Pacific Grove Art Center
The purpose of the Pacific Grove Art Center is to Educate, Appreciate, Exhibit, Encourage, and Inspire.
- Four Exhibit Galleries: Nadine Annand - David Henry Gill - Elmarie Dyke - Louise Cardeiro Boyer (Click a link to view them)
- A variety of art forms: Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Encaustic, Fabric Arts, Mixed Media and more
- Exhibits changing every seven weeks
- Sixteen Professional Artist Studios
- Art and Movement classes for adults
- After School, Weekend and Summer art classes for kids 5 -14
- Creative opportunities for teens
- Music and cultural events throughout the year
- We are the home of the Peninsula Ballet Center
Since 1969, Pacific Grove Art Center has been a community based nonprofit seeking to enhance art appreciation and encourage the creation of art. With the desire to have art available to everyone, PGAC has held low cost classes, free exhibits, and offered reduced rent for artist’s studios for over 40 years. Emerging to established artists are professionally shown in our historic galleries, and large group shows can provide the first step into the art world for many. Through generous donations, grants, and hundreds of volunteered hours, the Art Center continues its mission today.
Become a member and receive our newsletter keeping you in the loop of all the community events, exhibit openings and cultural offerings we have to share.
Our beautiful historic galleries are available to rent for your special occasion.