About The Pacific Grove Art Center
The purpose of the Pacific Grove Art Center is to cultivate the arts within the Monterey area by providing creative experiences
that inspire and engage us, touch our hearts, challenge our minds and enrich our lives.
• A variety of art forms: Painting, Photography, Sculpture, Encaustic, Fabric Arts, Mixed Media and more
• Exhibits change every other month celebrated with a First Friday Gala Opening
• Seventeen Professional Artist Studios
• Art and Movement classes for adults
• After School, Weekend and Summer art classes for kids 8 - 17
• Creative opportunities for teensMusic and cultural events throughout the year
We are the home of the Peninsula Ballet CenterSince 1969, Pacific Grove Art Center has been a community based nonprofit
seeking to enhance art appreciation and encourage the creation of art. With the desire to have art available to everyone, PGAC
has held low cost classes, free exhibits, and offered reduced rent for artist’s studios for over 40 years. Emerging to established
artists are professionally shown in our historic galleries, and large group shows can provide the first step into the art world for
many. Through generous donations, grants, and hundreds of volunteered hours, the Art Center continues its mission today.
Become a member and receive our newsletter keeping you in the loop of all the community events, exhibit openings and cultural
offerings we have to share.
Our beautiful historic galleries are available to rent for your special occasion.
Board of Directors:
Adrianne M. Jonson, President/Chair
Misha Pavlov, Board 1st Vice President
Karen Owen, Board Secretary
Amanda Menefee, Board Treasurer
Michaela Kuenster, Board Member
Rachel McNickle, Board Member
Edwin Marticorena, Board Member
Kirsten Raven, Board Member